Round 7 is only a couple days away and here are some things you need to know about this upcoming weekend at High Plains Raceway:
- It’s Corner Worker Appreciation this weekend. We can’t race without the Corner Workers, Score Keepers and Ambulance Staff! It’s that time of year where you show your appreciation to YOUR corner workers for their hard work and dedication to the MRA so all of you are able to race.
- The MRA will be holding a BBQ Pot Luck on Saturday after the track goes cold. Your Board of Directors will be cooking burgers and hot dogs, and providing sides. We encourage all to attend and bring a side dish if possible.
- Gates open Thursday evening after 5:00 pm.
On Friday, HPR will be hosting a Motorcycle Open Lapping Day on the Full Course. Open Lapping Day registration can be found at http://highplainsraceway.com/drive-the-track/open-lapping-days-registration/.
The MRA will open Friday evening Tech after the track goes cold and it will close at approximately 7:00pm. This is only available for racers that have preregistered and paid. Tech will be located in RV spot #27 which is the eastern most spot along hot pit next to the track exit. 2016 MRA Rulebooks and stickers will be available at Tech. Saturday morning Tech opens at 6:30am.
The race day office will open on Friday evening at some point after the track goes cold. An announcement will be made over the PA system. The office will open again at 6:30 am on Saturday and Sunday. If you did not preregister and pay for your races by Monday, 9/12, or would like to drop or add classes, you will need to see the MRA Office Staff.
The race day office will close at 10:00am Saturday morning so that grids for sprint races can be completed. We ask that if you need assistance after this time, please contact an MRA Board member in the paddock.
Race Day Schedules and Contingency forms will be available in the classroom adjacent to the race day office.
The rider meetings will start at 7:30 am. Attendance is mandatory for all competitors.
- If you are running two motorcycles in different classes, you can now pay $35 to run additional practice sessions with the 2nd bike. See the MRA Office Staff for more info.
- We will be using Race Monitor for live timing this weekend. To access it, you will need to purchase and download the app on your phone. For more information, please visit their website: https://www.race-monitor.com/
- Carports and RV spots can be reserved through HPR. Go here to reserve your spot: http://highplainsraceway.com/track-info/rv-and-carport-rental/
- Don’t forget to charge your transponders!
- High Plains Raceway Location and Information can be found here: http://highplainsraceway.com/