Round 7 This Weekend – What You Need To Know
- It’s Corner Worker Appreciation this weekend. We can’t race without the Corner Workers, Score Keepers and Ambulance Staff! It’s that time of year where you show your appreciation to YOUR corner workers for their hard work and dedication to the MRA so all of you are able to race. There is a post on the MRA’s Facebook group with suggested items to bring – https://www.facebook.
- The MRA will be holding a BBQ Pot Luck on Saturday after the track goes cold. Your Board of Directors will be cooking burgers and hot dogs. We encourage all to attend and bring a side dish if possible. If you would like to bring a side dish, please email Jen Grosse at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also be doing group photos of the corner workers, Real Housewives of the MRA, Board of Directors and the entire MRA family!
- This weekend is the Food Drive. Please consider donating non-perishable items that will go to the Food Bank of the Rockies: https://www.facebook.
- We are running the Full Course this weekend.
- Gates open Thursday evening at 7:00 pm.
- On Friday, HPR will be hosting a Motorcycle Open Lapping Day on the Full Course. Open Lapping Day registration can be found at https://www.highplainsraceway.
- Concessions will be available this weekend during the following hours:
- Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Saturday 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
- The MRA will open Friday Tech after the track goes cold and will close one hour later. This is only available for racers that have preregistered and paid. 2019 MRA Rulebooks and stickers will be available at Tech. Please keep in mind that Friday Tech is an added benefit and not required according to the Rulebook. If you are unable to make it to Tech on Friday, it will be open Saturday morning.
- The Race Day Office will open on Friday afternoon at some point after the track goes cold. An announcement will be made over the PA system. It will open again at 6:30 am on Saturday and 7:00 am on Sunday. The office will close 15 minutes prior to the start of the Riders Meeting at approximately 7:15 am. If you did not preregister and pay for your races by Monday, September 23rd, or would like to drop or add classes, you will need to see the MRA Office Staff.
- Weekend race licenses are available for $75.
- All spectators, crew, family, friends, etc that come through the gate prior to Saturday morning will be required to go to the office and sign the MRA Liability Waiver and wear a wristband at all times.
- Saturday and Sunday morning Tech opens at 6:30am and will close 15 minutes prior to the start of the Riders Meeting at approximately 7:15 am.
- The rider meetings will start at 7:30 am each morning at the pavilion. Attendance is mandatory for all competitors.
- The race day office will close at 10:00 am Saturday and 8:15 am Sunday so that grids can be completed. We ask that if you need assistance after this time, please contact an MRA board member in the paddock.
- Transponders are available for rental in the race day office Saturday morning. Rental fee is $50.
- Race Day Schedules will be available in the classroom adjacent to the race day office and at Tech.
- MRA T-shirts are available this weekend and can be purchased from 64 Degree Racing – https://
- Modern Vintage GTO class sponsor, 805 Beer, will be providing a keg on Saturday after the track goes cold. – https://www.805beer.com/
- We will be using Race Hero, Race Monitor and MyLaps MotorsportsApp for live timing this weekend. Race Hero is a free download – https://racehero.io/. To use Race Monitor, you will need to purchase and download the app on your phone. For more information, please visit their website: https://www.race-monitor.com/. To use MyLaps MotorsportsApp, please visit their website: https://www.mylaps.
- High Plains Raceway Location and Information can be found here: http://highplainsraceway.com/
- Don’t forget to charge your transponders!
We look forward to seeing you at Round 7!