Round 3 this Weekend; What You Need to Know
Round 3 is only a couple days away and here are some things you need to know about this upcoming weekend at High Plains Raceway:
- We are running the Full Course this weekend.
- There is no Super Street class this weekend due to the 4 Hour Endurance Race.
- Gates open Thursday evening at 7:00 pm.
- On Friday, HPR will be hosting a Motorcycle Open Lapping Day on the Full Course. Open Lapping Day registration can be found at http://highplainsraceway.com/
- Concessions will be available for breakfast and lunch this weekend during the following hours:
- Friday 7:00am – 4:00pm
- Saturday 7:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday 7:00am – 3:00pm
- The MRA will open FridayTech after the track goes cold. This is only available for racers that have preregistered and paid. 2018 MRA Rulebooks and stickers will be available at Tech. Saturday morning Tech opens at 6:30am.
- All spectators, crew, family, friends, etc that come through the gate prior to Saturday morning will be required to go to the office and sign the MRA Liability Waiver and wear a wristband.
- The race day office will open on Friday afternoon at some point after the track goes cold. An announcement will be made over the PA system. The office will open again at 6:30 am on Saturday and Sunday. If you did not preregister and pay for your races by Monday, June 25th, or would like to drop or add classes, you will need to see the MRA Office Staff.
- The rider meetings will start at 7:30 am each morning at the pavilion. Attendance is mandatory for all competitors.
- The race day office will close at 8:45am Saturday morning so that grids for sprint races and 4 Hour Endurance can be completed. We ask that if you need assistance after this time, please contact an MRA board member in the paddock.
- Transponders are available for rental in the race day office Saturday morning. Rental fee is $50. .
- Race Day Schedules will be available in the classroom adjacent to the race day office and also at Tech.
- There will be a meeting during lunch on Saturday for the 4 Hour Endurance Race. Attendance is mandatory for competitors and crew members.
- Saturday’s modified schedule for the 4-Hour Endurance can be found at the bottom of the 4 Hour Endurance Information page: http://www.mra-racing.org/
- We will be broadcasting announcements over FM radio all weekend.
- MRA T-shirts are available this weekend and can be purchased or picked up from Tony Baker directly across from the pavilion.
- We will be using Race Hero, Race Monitor and MyLaps MotorsportsApp for live timing this weekend. Race Hero is a free download – https://racehero.io/ To use Race Monitor, you will need to purchase and download the app on your phone. For more information, please visit their website: https://www.race-
monitor.com/. To use MyLaps MotorsportsApp, please visit their website: https://www.mylaps. com/motorsportsap/
- The Corner Marshals will be working hard for you this weekend and the donation of bottled water and sport drinks is always appreciated. They can be dropped off at the classroom.
- High Plains Raceway Location and Information can be found here: http://highplainsraceway.com/
- Don’t forget to charge your transponders!
We look forward to seeing you at Round 3!