The MRA Board of Directors has canceled Round 1 this weekend at Pueblo Motorsports Park due to inclement weather conditions in the forecast. It has been rescheduled for the weekend of October 21-22.
An attempt to hold the event this weekend with the cold and less than favorable weather and track conditions could result in vision and safety being compromised . Since we are unable to race in the rain at Pueblo due to the Turn 10 surface, it could also result in having a “partial weekend” where some classes run and some don’t.
Canceling the event once the weekend is underway could result in a “total loss” situation where everyone forfeits entry fees to keep the club solvent and the MRA Board doesn’t want to do that at our season opener. This will give everyone the best opportunity to keep their money and is the most fair solution for the members, and financially best for the club.
All paid entrants will have a credit on their account for the amount of entry fees paid for this weekend’s canceled round. Online pre-entry for our next race at PPIR will open early next week. Your credits will be applied towards your entries for that round. If you are not planning on racing at Round 2, or a later round this season and require a refund, please contact MRA Treasurer, Laci Lukachy at email@example.com.
We are fortunate that the group managing Pueblo Motorsports Park, RCSC Motorsports, had the weekend of October 21-22 available and offered it to the MRA to reschedule this weekend’s event.
Please contact the MRA Board of Directors with any questions or concerns: http://www.mra-racing.org/contact-us/